Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last Day of School. Yipee!

I think we are all ready for a vacation. There have been so many fun events leading up to the last day of school. Kate's class held a Living History Museum. Each student picked a historical figure to research. Kate picked Sacagawea. She wrote her own speech highlighting the events of her character's life. She did a wonderful job. We are so proud of her.
Emily's class presented a few
skits. Emily was the narrator of "The Three Billy Goats Gruff." The kids created their own backdrop and even had a real bridge as a prop. Emily lost another front tooth that morning so she sounded really cute as she delivered her lines. Both Kate and Emily received awards at the last Flag Salute for their Reading and Math. The girls have been party animals. Kate played baseball at the park with her classmates and Emily had a play date at the park with hers. Luckily the park is right across the street from the school. Our neighborhood celebrated the 5th grade graduates with a BBQ, Pool Party and Rock Climbing Wall. It was fun meeting more of our neighbors. We attended cousin R.J.'s graduation. As Student Body President he was asked to give a speech. I can't believe how grown up he is. On the last day of school we went to the drive in movies with friends. I'm up for wearing pajamas to the movies any day. The kids had fun playing musical cars and sharing tons of candy. I think Andrew had the most fun of all. We saw Kung Fu Panda and Indiana Jones. Chad was the only one that stayed awake for Indy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That Chad sure is a "Hot Tamale".


(please tell me you know I said that because of the candy at the movie.)

Sarah said...

Wow, that's so cool! I haven't been to a drive-in since college; I didn't even know there were any out here!