Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School 08

Back to school. Yipee! We shopped for school supplies the day before. It was a mad house in the Target Back to School Section. I didn't realize that Kate's back pack was broken so we had to hurry and find something else. Emily begged us to buy a her bright purple Hannah Montana messengers bag (sort of like a back pack but harder to carry). We talked her into a more subtle pink version. Phew!
I have turned into my Mom. I love the girls to wear their hair with curls
. I promised them that I would only make them curl their hair for the first day of school and on picture day. They reluctantly agreed.
Chad gave th
e girls and Andrew a Fathers Blessing the night before. The blessings were beautiful and it reaffirmed in my mind and heart how much our Heavenly Father truly loves each of his children.
I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up. Kate is
in 4th grade and Emily is in 2nd this year. Andrew will start Pre-School next year. I wish I could slow down the clock. Except for the potty training. I wouldn't mind fast forwarding over that part.
We took the kids to school where they were greeted by their Principal. We headed towards their classrooms first so that they could drop off their heavy back packs. Then we went and found the cousins and friends. The school was crowded but we were able to locate our Possy. The girls were anxious but happy to be back at school.
Andrew got bored and thought he could just go over to the bike area and pick out a scooter to play with.
Then my sister R
achel and I headed over to the Market Street Grill. It has become a tradition for the Moms to meet there for breakfast after dropping off the kids on the first day of school. We like to share about how each child did on their first day back and figure out carpooling etc.
I am so happy that both my girls love school. It is going
to be a great year!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Those are the greatest outfits ever! and why is my Maddie crying? I also so love the face on Payton.

shayla said...

I heart the first day of school! Your girls are darling and I'm so glad Kate & Kenz are in the same class again:)

Jessica said...

I love that they are wearing the same outfit. So cute!! So fun and lucky to be at the same school as cousins.

Jana said...

Michelle...your girls are so darling I just want to kiss them! I can't wait to meet them IRL!

Jana said...

Michele...why do I keep spelling your name wrong when I've know you longer than a decade? I'm so sorry...I was just typing along but I want you to know that I know your name has one L.

Love you!

Nellie said...

School is great, but I HATE having only one kid with me so far. G will go to preschool starting next week for a couple of days, but it is too quiet around here. Then when they are here, they make me crazy!

Your adorable girls look so excited and proud to be back at school. You are really great at taking photos.

Hazen5 said...

I can't believe I missed this Post!!! The girls look adorable as always. I am so glad our girls are all together this year.

Love Andrew trying to ride the scooter.